Friday, August 21, 2015

Iowa's Administrative Rules Committee intends to pass an ammendment that will adversely affect people with disabilities by placing a money cap to be spend on their services.


My email to Harry:

Harry,

I am the sister of a disabled individual, James Perry Davis. Although, due to Guardianship Laws which were recently changed on behalf of myself and Senator Rob Hogg I've been alienated from my brother whom I love and care for since January of 2013. He's my shining star, someone I love and adore. Someone I've been fighting for, and will always fight for. The Iowa Administrative Committee is intending to pass an amendment that will adversely affect people with disabilities by placing a cap on money to be spent on their services.

This is absurd and an atrocity. In the end, this will force service providers to reduce and or eliminate essential services which are needed on a day to day basis for individuals such as my brother. The most vulnerable people, those who are voiceless in our state will face the possibility of placement in state institution. You may not be impacted by this proposed amendment at the current time. However, life can change with the blink of the eye and the unimaginable can take place. I'm fighting not only for my brother, but others like himself that have rights and need to be heard.

Please STOP this proposed amendment. Let's save a life and give the voiceless a voice.


Thank you

Misty Davis
FreeJimmy.org

No comments:

Post a Comment