Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A soldiers last request for his disabled son.

Virgil E. Davis Jr. 
Without you life's not the same. 


Luckily, the day my father died I was informed by a family member of the widow to gather as much as I can or I'd never see it again. My diploma, photos, baby books are all a thing of the past.  I took it upon myself to ask the funeral director for a few ashes from my fathers cremated remains. Kindly, the lovely soul managed to offer a bag which is approximately the size of my pinky.  This small remembrance  is all I  have left of my father and it breaks me to pieces knowing I was never offered his dog tags or other personal belongings.

Not only did I lose my father. I lost my entire step family and my BROTHER who I've known for 28 years. He was my rock. I needed him from closure. For support. To cry with. To talk with. To hug. To do dinner dates. To open presents at Christmas. To laugh and make memories for his nephews upcoming birthdays.


On a positive note the brave military men presented me with a flag in honor of my father's services and simply handed a thinner flag to the widow. <3

We miss you Jim and will "fight" to make things right.

No comments:

Post a Comment